Dimensioning Lumber and Surface Prep
Learn how, when, and why to use scrub, jack, and fore planes to flatten and dimension wood by hand.
Learn how to take rough sawn lumber from the sawmill and flatten and dimension it using hand tools. You’ll use each of the essential bench planes to progress through each stage of flattening, dimensioning, and smoothing.
Class size: 8
Materials Fee: $20
Payable by cash or check the day of class.
- Jack plane (Stanley No. 5 or similar)
- Smoothing plane (Stanley No. 3, 4 or similar)
- Jointer plane (Stanley No. 6-8 or similar)
- Scrub plane (optional)
- Winding sticks
- Scraper plane or hand scraper
- Sharpening media
- Tape measure or folding rule
- Combination square
- Registration Coordinator
- (330) 473-5532