EMDR Recent Traumatic Episode & Group Traumatic Episode Protocol Refresher
About This Course
This half-day Recent Traumatic Episode and Group Traumatic Episode Protocol Refresher is being offered in response to Hurricane Dorian and its impact on our neighbors and friends in the Bahamas. It is intended to increase your confidence and competence in working with survivors of recent trauma both individually and in groups. We are offering this Refresher free of charge for those who have signed up with our local Trauma Response Network in hopes that they will volunteer their time and expertise to assist those impacted by Hurricane Dorian, Pulse, and/or other natural and man-made disasters.
Participants Will Review How to:
- Identify when Early EMDR Intervention is appropriate.
- Compare the EMDR standard protocol and EMDR R-TEP protocol.
- Apply Early EMDR clinical skills with additional measures for containment and safety.
- Describe EMD, EMDr, EMDR and how each is applied.
- Identify key features and concepts for the R-TEP protocol.
- Use key procedures for the R-TPEP protocol.
- Identify and comprehend key features and concepts of the Group Traumatic Episode Protocol (G-TEP).
- Demonstrate the bilateral movements within the G-TEP protocol utilizing the G-TEP worksheet.
- Use key procedures for the G-TEP protocol.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the Group Traumatic Episode Protocol (G-TEP) in their clinical practice.
- Evaluate the significance of the G-TEP and Early Intervention.
- Identify resources for further support in the application of R-TEP/G-TEP.
Prerequisite: Participants must have completed EMDR Basic Training and the full EMDR R-TEP/G-TEP training with an EMDRIA-approved provider.
Participants must be registered as volunteers with the Orlando, FL Trauma Response Network.
How to Apply to be a TRN member:
- Go to www.emdrhap.org
- Go to the “TRN” tab and select “New Trauma Recovery Network Member Application”
- If you meet the requirements check the box “Volunteer Confirmation” and click continue
- You can check to see if you have already signed up by entering your Log in and password. If you do not remember your password select “Forgot password.”
- If you are not already a member complete the Volunteer registration and make sure to select that you are joining the Orlando, FL TRN.
*For current members please log in to update your license(s) and insurance expiration dates.
About The Presenter
Bill Brislin has been a psychotherapist in the Orlando area for over thirty years. His interest in anxiety, trauma and complex trauma began during his fifteen years as a counselor at a local AIDS support agency. An EMDR Certified Therapist and EMDRIA Approved Consultant, Bill enjoys unlocking the potential for EMDR Therapy with anxious clients who have often had prior experiences with therapy and are seeking more permanent relief. A graduate of the Catholic University of America and the University of Notre Dame, he is committed to ongoing learning and formation. Bill holds memberships in the EMDR International Association, the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis, and the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation. Additionally, Bill is an EMDR Basic Trainer for Trauma Recovery/HAP and is an EMDR R-TEP/G-TEP trainer.
Connect EMDR’s training facilities are handicap accessible. Individuals needing special accommodations, please contact us at (407) 970-7915.
- Claire Mauer