Precision Rifle 1: Mastering the Fundamentals
What is Precision Rifle 1: Mastering the Fundamentals?
Precision Rifle 1 is a 2-Day class for students of all experience levels who want to build a solid foundation for precision rifle shooting.
Students will be introduced to a wide variety of precision rifle fundamental concepts including rifle scope systems, prone shooting essentials, Milradian/Minute-of-Angle units of measurement, introduction to wind calls/reading, and more.
Students will start with classroom sessions with a quick transition to range time. Range time will consist of fundamental drills and shooting that support classroom concepts. Target engagement will be from 100 yards to 1,000+ yards, depending on the student’s specific weapon system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this class designed for?
The class is designed for long-range shooters, regardless of skill level, who want to improve their overall performance by mastering the fundamentals of precision rifle shooting.
How much does the class cost?
- Super Early Bird (On or before 2/29/20): $500
- Early Bird (On or before 3/31/20): $575
- Standard: $650
What are the class’s gear requirements?
- Rifle capable of shooting 2-inch groups or better at 100 yards
- Scope with a MIL or MOA base reticle
- 200 rounds per student of match grade ammunition. Common calibers:
- 5.56 - “77-grain SMK boat tail hollow point”
- 7.62 - “175-grain SMK boat tail hollow point”
- 6.5 - “130-grain norma diamond’’
- Bi-pod mounted on your rifle
- Shooting mat
- Sand sock/Pinch bag
- All tools required to manage/adjust your rifle and optic
- Eye and ear protection
- Sunscreen and a hat are optional, but we will be spending a lot of time in the sun.
- Drinks and food. We will be providing lunch and bottled water. If you are on a special diet, please bring your own food and drinks.
Where is the class being held and what times?
The class is being held at a Pigg River Precision in Rocky Mount, VA. Training will held from 9am to 5pm on both days.
Can anyone attend the class?
Students must be at least 21 years old, and due to the Department of State ITAR regulations, tactical training is only available to US Citizens/Legal Residents.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Full refund: 61 or more days from the class
- Partial refund: Between 31 and 60 days from the class
- No refund: Within 30 days of the class
Class Bonuses (Worth over $1,000)
Private Forum Access for All Tactical Hyve Students
You will get ongoing access to a private forum open only to Tactical Hyve class alumni. Here, you’ll be able to keep in touch with fellow students and seek additional guidance from instructors and other students.
Professional, digital photos/video of your training
You will receive online access to professional photos/videos of your training shortly after the completion of the class.
Free Tactical Hyve T-Shirt
You will receive one of our American Flag Tactical Hyve T-Shirts. If for some reason we do not have your size in-stock a the time of the class, we will substitute the T-shirt for one of our hats.
Free Lunch and Bottled Water
We will be providing lunch and bottled water on both days for all students.
- Chad Hadley