Identify and assist students affected by trauma, anxiety, and school refusal.
Fri Jul 16, 9:30 - 11:30 AM (AEST)
Practical strategies for all school staff to help students thrive in the classroom and bounce back from the challenges of COVID and natural disasters.
Providing a whole school Nurture approach to learning in schools will enhance:
- academic achievement through improved quality of teaching and learning
- students’ pro-social skills, and dramatically reduce behavioural difficulties
- school retention rates and lowers absenteeism
- students’ sense of belonging, wellbeing, and engagement
- staff capacity and staff wellbeing across the whole school.
- gain an insight into the latest neuroscientific connections between trauma and behaviour and how to support healing and learning.
- take away practical trauma-informed strategies to support students learning in the classroom.
- understand the history of international best practice Nurture initiative, and the significant benefits for students, staff, and families of implementing Nurture in your school.
- understand the importance of meeting children and young people’s social, emotional, and cognitive needs to greatly enhance learning and achievement.
- Sharon Sperling
- 0421 702 186